The word gospel means good news. Before the gospel can help you, there is some bad news that everyone must understand and believe.
- You are not righteous in the eyes of a holy just God,
a. Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
- You are not righteous because you have sinned against God,
a. Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
- You deserve death and hell for your sin,
a. Romans 6:23A For the wages of sin is death;
b. Revelation 20:14 & 15 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
- You are helpless to save yourself by anything that you could do.
a. Ephesians 2:8 & 9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
b. Isaiah 64:6A But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;
I know that this is some terrifying bad news, but until you believe that these things are true of you, you have no chance to be saved. Now let me share with you the gospel (good news). Look at what God has done to save you
- 1. Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
2. 1 Corinthians 15:3 & 4 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
- Acts 16:31A And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved,
- Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
- Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,